Thursday, September 9, 2010

Summer Wrap Up

Well hello there folks! Sorry I've been MIA lately, but Mommy
and Daddy and I have been trying to soak up the last few weeks
of summertime! 

I have been very busy since turning one! I went on my first vacation,
learned a lot more words, started running and wearing big girl shoes,
visited the state fair, and turned 13 months old!

Not long after my birthday, Mommy and Daddy took me to the beach
for the first time. Daddy could only stay for a few days so we tried to pack
as much fun as possible into the first two days. We went to Ocean City, MD
 where I took my first walk on the sand (that I didn't enjoy at all!)
and even did some walking on the boardwalk!



Then we headed to the beach house in Dewey, DE where we would
be staying with all of Mommy's side of the family. That night, Daddy cooked
everyone a nice steak dinner and all us kids played in the big yard.




The next morning, Mommy, Daddy, and I walked to the beach
when I woke up (early!). Daddy took me to the water so I could see the ocean
for the first time. I was not a big fan of putting my feet in the water either.
That afternoon, we went back to the beach with the whole family. I 
spent most of my time in the little baby pool Ms. Jen and Jules let 
me borrow for our trip. That night, Daddy took me and Mommy
to dinner for pizza at Grotto's and then he headed home.








The next day was Mommy's birthday and we tried the beach again.
This time it started raining and we had to head home early. That night,
we all went out for dinner to celebrate. 

On Wednesday, it poured rain all day long so me and Mommy took a girlie
shopping trip to the Delaware outlets.


And then on Thursday, it happened!
Mommy had been taking me up to the beach every morning, in hopes
that I would start to like it. Thursday morning seemed to be no different.
Then, when Mommy sat down on the beach and put me in her lap, I
touched the sand and didn't hate it! All of a sudden, I was playing
in the sand, throwing it in the air (and my hair), dragging my
feet through it, and laying in it! The madness didn't stop there! 
When Mommy took me to the ocean, I walked right up to it!
I was suddenly a beach girl! That afternoon, when everyone went
back to the beach together, I showed the family how much I now
loved the beach. I was playing in the sand and Mommy had
a hard time keeping me out of the water! Our trip was really fun and I
loved spending time with my cousins.






 


Once we were home, we only had the weekend to recover before
Mommy went back to work and I went back to Ms. Robin's for daycare. 
We finished up the summer with a trip to the Maryland State Fair 
and got ready for Ravens season! This year, I pay a little bit of 
attention to the game and even clap and cheer when the team does
good things!












I will try to be more frequent with my posts since I have
lots of fun things happening this month. Hope everyone is finally
enjoying this fall weather!

No comments:

Post a Comment